3/01/2013

CHARITY SHOPS: Top 5 Best Buys

Hello again!

Today's post is going to be about one of my ultimate loves- charity shopping. In 2008, I began volunteering at Oxfam, this is when thrifting became a casual thing for me and my love for it grew stronger each day. Now, I'd probably say about 70% of my wardrobe is second hand and most of that collection has been gathered from hunting through the depths of charity shops. So I wanted to share with you my top 5 items based on things like what I've had the longest, got the most wear out of and what I pretty much just live in. If you know me, you'll probably recognize most of these items.

I genuinely can't put them in an order of what I like most, a mother can't pick between her children, so in no particular order...


1) My beautiful fur coat
Bernardo's: £6.50

I got this Astraka coat after a summer working at Bernardo's just before going to uni. It's so warm and the quality of the faux fur is great- No moulting and no clumping! I have to say that the best thing about a fur coat is that you could just be in a t-shirt and leggings and still  look effortlessly classy.


2) My oversized leather jacket
Farleigh Hospice: £15

This grungy, leather bomber jacket is the best way to add an edge to any outfit and I love that even though it's starting to get a bit shabby, I can still get away with wearing it because that's just the look.



3) My classic scarf
Oxfam: £2.99
 
This baroque print scarf was probably one of the first things I bought from a charity shop. Even with the pattern, it seems to go with everything. Great way to add a bit of colour to an outfit.


4) My trusted denim shirt
Oxfam: £3.99

Like the scarf, this shirt has been in the family for a long time. A denim shirt is a definite necessity, you can wear them as a jacket through the summer and under a jacket through the winter whilst still carrying off a casual vintage look. It provides comfort and style all year round.


5) My cute dungarees
YMCA: £6

These washed denim dungarees actually still had a tag on them from Rokit when I bought them, which is one of my favourite vintage stores on Brick Lane. Originally the dungarees were trousers instead of shorts but, with them being about 4 sizes too big, I genuinely looked like I was a child in their parents clothing so that had to go.  Oversized dungarees are great for the perfect 90's child look.  

7 comments:

  1. Love them all! I love charity shopping! Sooo much better than the high street! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I miss them lol. Sitting at my wardrobe back home :(

      Delete
  3. Thrifting is the best thing ever thought up. Those are all really cute finds girl!
    Love your blog! :)
    xDayo

    ReplyDelete